Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Pattern And Fabric Selection

Today I pondered which pattern I would use to make my cloth doll and narrowed it down to three. Each one is a free pattern from the cloth dollmakers magazine called Soft Dolls & Animals. The first one is a pattern designed by Michelle Munzone called Afri Coco from the September 2006 issue. Next is a pattern designed by Jeannie Rigby called Hibiscus from the March 2006 issue. Last but not least is a patter designed by Kooki Davis called Ethiopian Queen from the May 2005 issue. Each doll is an African design which I thought would be appropriate since the fund raiser is during African History month. I hope to make at least 2 of the 3 patterns. I would love for one to be the Ethiopian Queen, but she would be the most challenging of the 3. So, what I've decided is to make one of the other 2 first and see how much time I have left to put into the second doll. They are due for completion by the last Friday of February. I have also picked out a few fabric choices from my stash. I pulled out what I could find with ethnic flair. I haven't decided which fabric(s) I will use with what pattern just yet. I will have all these decisions sorted out by this weekend for that's when I want to begin my project. To the left is a photo of the fabrics I have to choose from. Better yet, I may even go shopping for more fabric. That's the best part of dollmaking for me....fabric shopping!! One can never have enough fabric. Well, that's all for today. I will return soon with the final choices. In the meantime, you may want to take a look at some of the dolls I've made in the past. You can see them at my picturetrail site.
http://www.picturetrail.com/vt183

No comments: