Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Hibiscus Has A Face

I hope everyone enjoyed Valentine's Day. It was a very nasty day here in New York City. We were hit by a blizzard and I'm sure it ruined a lot of plans made by some. But for most, I'm sure it made no difference. We're used to this type of weather this time of year. Well anyway, I've been working on my second doll for the auction. She is coming along fine. I'm in the process of stuffing her body to be put together. In the meantime, her head is done and her face is ready. I like to doing the face first. It gives me an idea of her personality which makes her clothes and accessory selection easier. Sometimes I have an idea of what I want my doll to look like in the end only to change the whole thing once I finish the face. I have selected the fabric and accessories already but I am having a dilemma about her hair. I'm not sure of what style she will have or the color. I think I'll wait until I have her body all put together before I decide; that way I can play around with different things before making the final decision. Here's a glimpse of what she will look like. Of course there will be finishing touches before she's done and did I mention she will be a sitting doll? That means I will also have to make her something to sit on. Hmmmmm.......I wonder what I'll come up with? I'll have to give that some thought. Will it be a chair or a stool? What materials will I use? I guess you'll have to come back and see. Well, I have to go put some ice melter down on my front steps. Be back soon!

No comments: